- Sample collection for the Zimnitsky urine test is performed within 24 hours, at specific times.
- Please prepare the following for the test:
- Sign the containers: “No. 1 -- 9 h”, “No. 2 -- 12 h”, etc.
- Prepare several additional containers for urine samples and sign them as follows: “additional portion No. _”.
- Void your bladder at 6:00.
- Afterwards, urinate every three hours into the prepared containers.
- Urination times: 9:00, 12:00, 15:00, 18:00, 21:00, 24:00, 03:00 and 06:00. If you experience trouble holding until the above urination time, collect urine into the containers within the time periods stated in the table. You will have to get up at 24:00, 03:00 and 06:00 to collect urine into containers 6, 7 and 8, respectively.
- Keep containers that have been filled with urine closed, at the lowest shelf of a refrigerator, but avoid freezing them.
- Submit all the containers to the laboratory on the next morning. If you have not urinated during some period, please submit the empty container to the laboratory as well.
- To prevent inaccurate results, it is not recommended to collect urine samples for different examinations (common urine analysis, 24-hour urine analysis, etc.) on the same day!
- 8 special urine sampling containers (they can be purchased at pharmacies);
- a watch or a clock, preferably with alarm function;
- a notebook to record quantities of liquid consumed during the day (“liquid” includes not only water, but also liquid contained in soups, fruits, milk etc.).
Urine sample collection time